Windows 95/98/ME Setup
The following is predicated on your computer being plugged directly into the wall jack in your room via a Cat 5, 5e or 6 patch cable and not through another device, such as a router, or wireless. If any User Account Control boxes pop up during this process, hit continue.
- Double click the My Computer icon on the desktop of your computer
- Double click the Control Panel icon
- Double click the Network icon
- When the Network window opens, double click the TCP/IP setting for your network card
- At the IP Address tab select Obtain an IP address automatically
- At the WINS Configuration tab select Use DHCP for WINS Resolution
- At the Gateway tab select and remove any gateway addresses listed
- At the DNS tab select Disable DNS
- Click OK
You have finished setting up your TCP/IP settings. Reboot your computer and it will be ready to use with VBNet's Ethernet service.