Windows XP Setup
The following is predicated on your computer being plugged directly into the wall jack in your room via a Cat 5, 5e or 6 patch cable and not through another device, such as a router, or wireless. If any User Account Control boxes pop up during this process, hit continue.
- Left click the Start Button and choose Control Panel
- If you see Pick a Category, look to the left and left click Switch to Classic View
- Left click Network Connections
- If you see a wireless device listed, left click and DISABLE it before proceeding. If your "Local Area Connection" is disabled, ENABLE it before proceeding.
- Right click the Local Area Connection Icon, then Left click Properties
- When the Local Area Network Connection Properties window opens, double click Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Choose Obtain an IP address automatically
- Choose Obtain DNS server address automatically
- Click OK
You have finished setting up your TCP/IP settings. Reboot your computer and it will be ready to use with VBNet's Ethernet service.